Friday, January 20, 2006

Gotcha, predator!

We've bought a fresh squid in a supermarket recently - you know, from the squidgy bunch who were having a rest on a big pile of ice in the fish department. I am not a big food shopper or a successful chooser of fresh products, but turns out you gotta pick the fresh ones judging by their smell. Both rejected ones and the lucky selected one smelled kinda same to me, but again, who am I to judge.

The cool thing happened when we dissected him - in his belly there were three little fishes, in the state that lets me judge the predator was stopped in his rapacious seafaring tracks right after his lunch and put to cool it off on the heap of ice soon thereafter.

I had always (ignorantly as it turns out) thought squid are kind of vegetarians and eat plankton or something, and the predatory streaks in their behavior for some strange reason justified to me the purchase of the carnivorous beast even more. Anyhow, it was cooked, dressed, salted and devoured. Bon appetite to those about to feast on whatever's sent to you today :)Pic: The boiled creophagist clamped between a pair of chopsticks is about to be sliced up with my sparkling machete

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home