Friday, April 04, 2008

Been in Guangzhou today, we have

We've been in Guangzhou today - and still warm form the oven of my memories - here are the details of our trip.

Right after you get off the bus, Guangzhou subway sends you a message hinting at the necessity not to overstay the welcome. Probably a necessary precaution with the overpopulation and stuff.

I am not sure what happened at this Bank of China branch office, but the sign hangs over the doors advertising lingerie (which naturally lead to the stores selling lingerie), and there is no sign of the teller windows or neatly dressed bankers or what else have you in your ordinary decent bank. I guess it is more profitable nowadays to deal in bras than in brass (yes, I agree, this pun sucks, but it seemed like a funny choice under the circumstances).

A moon-lighting store... I guess it's their day job though... so it's gotta be a moon shining store then.

I had to get my camera out and take a shot of this sweet but stern notice.

And in the spirit of internationalism, the speakers of Russian will sure appreciate this little gem of a linguistic wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home