Monday, February 13, 2006

Where I have been all this Spring Festival time

Haven't written for a while - about 3 weeks was it? - and it's all because I had finally made it to the Hainan island (海南 - something like a "marine south" I guess) - the southernmost part of China - an island which is the smallest province of the PRC.

I have just arrived back to my university - so strange, looks like I will have to actually do some work here - a totally strange idea after about a month in a parallel hair-downletting reality (yeah, was possible even with the cropped do of mine). I am gathering my thoughts, trying to embrace this new realization of the scheduled world, organizing the photos and brushing up the memories of the tropical coco-palm oasis.

In the meantime - to whet you appetite for the rampant views of Hainan - a beach at night -
imbued with the sound of the waves married with the rustling of the palm trees silhouetted against the star-sprinkled sky, the smell of the sea breeze which leaves a saline touch on the skin, the moon hanging in a very Chinese way crest-down... - I guess I'll sooner or later gotta weave my impressions into a more or less readable form, time allowing and God willing, so the stories are cooking : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home