Thursday, November 01, 2007

Slips of the pen are mightier than those of the tongue

I have been collecting excerpts from my students' essays for quite some time. Now it is about the right time to publish my little collection.


They have a certain vision of the future:

Just as ripe fruit will usually be picked to satisfy people's stomach, most graduates will function in different social positions as screws or nuts.

They have a strong belief in their thrilling and sci-fi future which defies the laws of matter and time:

College graduates will meet the great scholars' minds in the past.

Their ingenuous outlook on life cannot but be touching though it causes just a little concern for their social circles:

And I am so glad to say that I am so lucky because I have had several closed friends till now, and I feel happy every day.

They are friendly and always want to help. The only setback is they don’t know how.

I go to the library often. Here I am available to a wide variety of books.

They are keen on philosophy and are happy to cite the ‘Confucius said’ maxims:

The girl who always wear skirts is not only beautiful but also capable.

They strongly hold their opinions on gender problems... Wherever is this world going to:

Now men have become easier than women. ...Since women have been recognized more and more, have them been easier? On the contrary, they bare more than men.

Among the vicissitudes of life they are patient and enduring:

... it can see to our future that we can hold water facing our own life

Honestly, it is a relief that the university has managed to do them some good:

As a vice president of the *** association I have learned how to communicate with my head.


More to follow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen Jensen said...

This is good!

3:12 AM, November 02, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home