Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Off-line vs. On-line reality

Huh! So much time has passed since the last post... But it doesn't feel this way, so everything is fine I guess, 'coz if life in the reality is eventful, who cares about its online reflection :)

Anyhow - my Hainan saga has not been written yet, with only one post hanging out there somewhere, but I am already up and kicking to share the tidbits of my new adventure - a trip to Guilin and Yunnan.

The May holidays turned out longer than I had expected - so I did this dream tour from

Guilin to

Yangshuo by boat on

Lijiang River to

Kumning and

Stone Forest (Shi Lin) to

Lijiang to

Shangri-la to

Tiger Leaping Gorge to

Dali

and back to Quanzhou several hours before I had to turn up in the classroom. 459 photos were brought back, tons of knick-knacks I am not sure what to do with now that I am sober from all the excitement, but I can say I was in the official Shangri-la. Lalala. And patted a live tiger on the nape of the neck. The fur is not as coarse as I'd expected, something like the back of an Airdale.

Stay tuned for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home