Tuesday, November 13, 2007

6 word stories


After yesterday's post with allusion to Hemingway's six word story, I found several similar gems on the net - which I mischievously will copy-paste here. The fuller version you may find here (that's where I have ruthlessly snatched it from) and here.

So here is the list. I am not flaming here, but you might try creating your own 6-word masterpieces. And even share it with me. Mine is at the bottom of the list.

Failed SAT. Lost scholarship. Invented rocket.
- William Shatner

Computer, did we bring batteries? Computer?
- Eileen Gunn

Longed for him. Got him. Shit.
- Margaret Atwood

Wasted day. Wasted life. Dessert, please.
- Steven Meretzky

We kissed. She melted. Mop please!
- James Patrick Kelly

It’s behind you! Hurry before it
- Rockne S. O’Bannon

I’m your future, child. Don’t cry.
- Stephen Baxter

Epitaph: He shouldn't have fed it.
- Brian Herbert

Nevertheless, he tried a third time.
- James P. Blaylock

Thought I was right. I wasn't.
- Graeme Gibson

I saw, darling, but do lie.
- Orson Scott Card

Dorothy: "Fuck it, I'll stay here."
- Steven Meretzky

Seven years. Unearned degree. Already balding.

"Enlarge!"... Email's right or 'tis winter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home