Saturday, November 10, 2007

Slumberous in China



Here is a web-site I found recently on vast zero-one'ed prairies, and it stirred up my own long-gone marveling at how and where 'these guys can sleep':
Meet www.sleepingchinese.com - a photo album of a co-expat who is stealing glances at the so often found here public embraces between the Chinese and Morpheus, stilling those fleeting (and not so much) moments in digital format.


He did what I tried to do, organizing those curious shots into a one-place collection, but I too had a couple of similar encounters - which I present here in my worthless blog. There is nothing funny or mocking therein, just a curious glance of a traveler marveling at how unpretentious my hosts can be in the matters of reposing after yet another round in the 'Survival of the Fittest' reality show.

I actually have quite a collection of this kind of pics, and many of those might have been copied from somebody else's blogs or forums for my own enjoyment, - but for the weight of time I fail to remember your honorable names, oh most worthy authors! Could you forgive me for not mentioning your excellent names while giving my friends a sneak peek at your wonderful pictures? Thank you.

This is definitely from some Chinese forum, copyright is rightly considered a mauvais ton, with which I full-heartedly agree, this should be made public!

Same Sing. The pictures at the beginning of the post belongs to the same category.

That's my own picture, I snapped it a while ago in Fujian. That's the after-the-lunch-time sleeping time of day. The cook must have been working pretty hard - at noon everybody has that community-feel eating urge, but after you are good for dozing off a few hours. Because the restaurant will be deserted. Why? 'Coz everyone is doing you-can-see-what in all the pictures of this post! ))


No trace on this one - but it has been on the net awhile. The report they are listening to must be really exciting. Hey, you heard about that learning tendency when you memorize things better in the sleep?

I took this one in Beijing, Yabaolu.

On a bus in Hui'An, Fujian Province.


Shishi, Fujian. I took it when we went there on a trip to find samples of fabrics.


This is a street on Hainan island, taken by a good person Lola. I wonder if these guys are moving together with the shadow or the automation of the process lets them blend into the shade of the tree next in line?

I can't put my finger on the memories associated with this one... Could be somebody else's.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that guy balancing on the chain while he naps is just amazing. Is he super glued to that thing? Perhaps an amazingly developed set of butt muscles allowing him to grip it with his crack? In that case, he should be presented with a superhero award...CRACK MAN...no, bad connotations...BUTT CRACK MAN? I need to give it some thought.

9:13 PM, November 10, 2007

 
Blogger Serge said...

Nuh, should be shoulder blades. Or wings. : )

12:32 AM, November 11, 2007

 
Blogger Magdalen Islands said...

This is amazing! How can anyone sleep out in the open, during the day.
Gimme A Dream

1:43 PM, November 29, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home